Thursday, July 16, 2009

I've Got Something Clever to Say


Blogging. It rhymes with jogging, but it's much less aerobic. I'm still trying to figure out if it's the ultimate hybrid act of freedom of speech and freedom of the press --Or if it's just the e-soapbox or maybe even online vandalism. That kind of feels like facebook status update and pointless twitters.

It's like taking the Jack Wuz Here etched into playground equipment, and turning it up a notch. You've seen the bathroom stalls where frequent dumpers had a conversation in writing on the walls, right? Is that what we're doing all day long, or are we actually networking and building relationships?

I remember when people started doing more and more things on the Internet. There were predictions that pretty soon we'd never need to interact with humans again because we'd get everything we needed from our computers. But in the end the world wide web became our way to socialize. Popularity contests can now have an actual score as we lust for more friends, followers, and subscribers. Do we just want to be loved? Do we just want our voices heard? Do we really have anything new to say? Am I saying anything new right now? Probably not. That's depressing.

Either way, it seems to be human nature to look for attention, or prove we existed at one point in time. Now we let everyone know we were here, and what we're doing, or what's on our minds. What surprises us most is that sometimes people actually care, or at least seem to care.

We've all got something clever to say, and if you've got the right technology, you can say it whenever that interesting thought pops into your head. I admit. It's pretty cliche of me to write my first blog for this page about blogging and social networking. I'd even agree with you if I said it's unoriginal.

But I just started this thing and I want to see what it looks like when I make a new post. You know I've got to mess with the font and the colors and stuff so it matches my on-line personality and such.

Look on the bright-side, at least I didn't complain a lot and bash celebrities or politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment