Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Favre Movie Casting Follow-Up



Due to the overwhelming response from my half-dozen readers, here's a follow up to the Favre movie casting. Thanks to some of you for some great suggestions.
If there are any investors out there with Hollywood connections, please contact me. I truly believe in this project. I'm pitching it to ESPN next week and if I have some cash behind it, that would be sweeeeeet!

First I have to start off with a correction. I know I was just being stupid when I said a WALRUS should play Holmgren. Holly Krause had a much more realistic idea, and suggested the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz.
I threw out some other names and got some pretty good responses. Justus Cleveland suggests comedy-great Tim Conway to play Favre's agent, Bus Cook.
My buddy Zak Bruss must have been reading my mind when I asked who should play Majik-Man Don Majkowski. Matthew McConaughey was born to play #7.
Speaking of #7, how about Aaron Eckhart playing the QB who crushed the Packers repeat dreams at the Super Bowl? Eckhart's got that John Elway chin for sure!
Of course the Minister of Defense will have to be in the movie. Maybe he'll even have his own flick someday. I'm thinking Michael Clark Duncan for Reggie White, although I had to photo-shop some hair on him.
Finally, I'll wrap this crap up with two choices for the future of the Green Bay Packers. And you can find both of them working at Dunder Mifflin. Ryan might be a little closer looks-wise. But last year when Aaron Rodgers had to answer questions about Brett, he usually looked at the camera with a Jim smirk and a shrug.
Then again, maybe I'm moving too fast here. Maybe it ain't over yet. Who knows? Quarterbacks go down, or stink it up, and by mid-season teams are looking for someone who can throw. Maybe Brett will feel the itch yet again. I'll have to keep that in mind for my fantasy team. Either way, the ending Favre left me with kind of sucks. Hopefully something else happens that gives the script some closure. And since it's Brett, I know I can count on plenty of tears.

THE ANGRY PROPHET

No comments:

Post a Comment